Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Egg on a string

I saw a program once and knew what came out of these little eggs on a string.

Although I have forgotten the creature that laid them, I am aware of the reasons behind the structure....those long, and slippery, strands are a perfect way to stop predators reaching those tasty little packages.

Have a look at the photo below. My first impression was that they are from a butterfly, though I am not so sure....



Blog comments are always welcome.
Some help in solving this one? :)

3 comments:

  1. Maybe lacewing eggs. I saw one lay eggs just like that. On David Attenborough's Life in the Undergrowth TV series. The ants don't know the eggs are there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David

    The wonderful Chew Family's website, Insects and Spiders of Brisbane tells me that these eggs are likely to belong to the text Green Lace Fly

    Cheers

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys,

    I remember that program now you mentioned it terry :)
    The site Denis has sent has some good info on it...and some great shots.
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment to this post.